Friday, March 14, 2008

stories.

Well, I have had a pretty interesting week and a half. Everything from getting arrested and going to jail, to having internship interviews, recording in Nashville, starting a job in Auburn ... and now I am listening to Band of Horses and chillin.

WELCOME: SB2K8. 


I have pondered many things in these recent weeks, and one thing keeps recurring. 
Redemption. I have had conversations about death, healing, homosexuality, divorce, addiction, 
freedom, marriage, bondage, justice, grief, love, pain, and victory. So, as you can imagine, my mind has been on overload, and thinking ninety to nothing. 

If you know me well at all (or maybe even not so well) you know that I am big on vulnerability. 
At times, I myself am vulnerable to a fault. I have my trust issues, for sure, but most of the time I am trusting to a fault. However, I find myself so often wishing that others were more vulnerable. I know much of this is because I find that I just love people and have a genuine care and concern for them, but I believe someone in this last week articulated what echos in my heart on this issue. So I will share it with you. 

She said:

"I find that all too often I
exalt the good,
diminish the bad, 
and hide the ugly ... 
and that is not fair to the Lord because it lowers the power of His redemption."

WOW. That hit me when she said that, because thats just it. No matter what it is, whether an issue I listed above, or another, there is beauty in telling, and there is life in sharing, and redemption in trusting. 

Be wise with who, how, and when you tell. 
But let me challenge you to just share it. 
Branch out, be brave, and share the power of His redemption. 


1 comment:

Angie Davis said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment and encouragement Erin. It was a nice suprise to find your blog this morning!
I hear you on this......what true "community" happens when we can just "be".