Thursday, October 22, 2009

Recent Fall Fun

So, I know I have slacked on the blog lately. I have been too busy living life to tell stories about it. Don Miller would be so proud of me right now. I am reading his new book, "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" - and it is rocking me. He talks about the whole concept of 'story' and characters in the story and how they chose to live their life. Its simple, but profound. I cant do it justice. Go see for yourself how much it will challenge you. Its perfect for where I am right now.

Though I have been MIA lately, I didnt want to
skip over some of the fun I have had. Several weeks ago, after recouping from Peru on the couch, I was able to go with Kirsten to shop for
her 20th year High School
Reunion at Lake Highland, in Dallas.
She is like me, and HATES to shop.
We had a blast. Oh, and she had a great time at the reunion. Chris Harrison (Bachelor Host) said she looks just like his wife. Hmm.

Two weeks ago, Worship and Arts had our annual Staff Retreat.
This was the first one
I have been on and it was a blast. I am so thankful for the people I work with, and that we are friends - not just co-workers. We fished, canoed, hiked, went spelunking (caving, silly), and ate lots of good food. We laughed so hard and it was great.


Last Sunday was a blast! Sante Fe Soup, Sarah's Soccer Game, Titans Game, Chili, and
homemade cookies with friends. I wrapped up the day with a great night
with my Community Group, meeting John and Molly's new puppy,
Murphy - and then going to see Where the Wild Things Are with great friends. I love days like that, spent with people I love, doing things I love.

I love Nashville in the Fall. It is my favorite. The leaves are really starting to change around
here, and it has been sooo much fun to wake up to all the pretty colors everyday.

No comments: