Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mid Week Low Down

I just worked on a great update and lost it. Now I do not have much time, so I will have to make this quick. Our time here has really been amazing so far. I continue to be humbled and more grateful for what God has blessed me with. It seems wrong that I have so much.





















Our last few days have been packed. I am about to post videos
(if possible) and photos of events from the last few days:

-beginning of camp (kids are much more rowdy than we expected, but so fun)
-feeding the children in Chillon (absolutely heart breaking)
-Peruvian Folk Band (unbelievable)
-house (pictured left) and school visits (below)
-shots from the roof of the church
Last night gave everyone a bit of a scare. I was trying to go to sleep and got up to take some medicine. The ladies insisted on taking my temperature, and found out I had a fever.

Thanks to some sleep, and many prayers, I feel much better. If you read this, please pray my fever does not return and that I stay well. Today is our 3rd day of camp and tomorrow is the "big day." Please pray for us as we continue to teach these kids about what it means to worship God, and as we join them in leading their friends and families in worship tomorrow night.
Friday morning we will go to the market, and see other parts of Peru. Saturday morning we will go to an orphanage, I am eagerly expecting this trip. It is truly amazing that the people of Comas live like they do. We are far, far too blessed.

Above: Peruvian Folk Band
Above: Oatmeal type drink we fed the Kids
Above: Children being placed on stage for camp rehearsal

For more pictures and details about what we are up to, please visit Jessica's blog:

http://e-camp-fellowship.blogspot.com/

HASTA MAÑANA!
(I hope)

1 comment:

jac said...

This is awesome news that you are living the gospel to these kids. Stay focused even through your fever! He is good and you are living out his plan... oh and post some more videos.