Friday, September 18, 2009

bienvenidos a miami

Greetings from Miami!!

Boy. It has been a looooong day. I went to bed at midnight last night and woke up at 3:20 to leave for the aiport by 3:40 this morning. Needless to say, I am exhausted. Good News: I do not require much sleep. Bad News: I have hardly gotten any this week. I am not one to sleep on various modes of transportation. So I sit and watch as others slumber. Bummer.

We are on the home stretch of our 8hr layover in Miami. I know, seems crazy, but it saved us lots of money, so we went with it. Our team enjoyed a nice, authentic Cuban lunch at La Carreta today. I ate like a boy. Shocker. It was so good though. I now know how my friend LeighAnn feels living in Miami. I could hardly order my food because I did not understand a word the lady was saying ... because she was speaking in Spanish! Am I already in Peru?! Feels like it! I have only heard Spanish all day.

After lunch we spent time preparing and reviewing songs, dances, verses, scripts, etc. I am just hoping I can sleep on our flight tonight. Lucky for us, there is no time change between Nashville and Peru - we are due to arrive in Lima around 10pm. Thank you all again for your prayers and support. I am so excited to see what the Lord does in and through us! Time to board the plane ...

2 comments:

LeighAnn Tufts said...

now THAT is some authentic cuban food! YUM

Lauren said...

praying for your trip!!