Well, not really.
I don't have money anymore.
Not that I ever did.
But now? Now I really don't.
However, Today is a peculiar new music tuesday.
1. Bebo Norman released his new album with a song called Britney,
and yes, it is about my fellow head shaving friend (?) ... Miss Spears.
"Britney is a song about what our culture says and does to young women
these days," explains Norman. "It's about the lies we tell them about fame and money and what's beautiful and what will give them lie. It's an apology for those lies. But more than that, it's an invitation to the truth about a God who is bigger than the pain this world so often leaves them in."
I was going to put a link to the video here, but apparently I am dumb and my computer won't let me and I don't know how to make it let me.
2. Kristy Lee C(r)ook released her album today with a most fitting first track title of:
15 minutes of Shame. I won't describe the album cover, there are no words, just check it
3. Finally, Leona Naess released her newest album today. I am so excited. For those of you who do not know her, she is an amazing singer-songwriter based in London and NY ... often compared to Feist (who is brilliant). Anyways, you should check out her new album. She is on tour with Ray La this fall. It does not get much better than that, folks.
4. Death Cab released their live from las vegas EP ... you should ALWAYS check out death cab. DUH.
5. I must not forget. This past weekend was an amazing time in Nashville for the NEXT BIG NASHVILLE music festival. I had an amazing time catching some amazing shows with friends, and I do mean amazing. If you do not know about Katie Herzig yet, then you are missing out on life. Her new album, the Apple Tree, its a must ... do not even listen to a 30 second clip, just freakin buy it. You will n
ot regret it.