Wednesday, November 12, 2008

a word from the wise.

today is just one of those days where things are off.
i woke up feeling like the Lord was a million miles away.

in a moment of desperation, i called my grandmother.
shocked to discover that my complaints and trivial, ridiculous woes
would be a 'blessing' to her and my sweet grandad, who somehow
found it necessary to stay on the phone the whole time.

there is something that makes you feel really special when 2 people
are on the other end of the same phone line. or, at least it made me
feel special today. but, its just one of those days.

i called because my grandmother is known for her prayers and the results
she gets. when she prays, things happen. i had that lump in my throat and
i just knew that as soon as she started praying for me, i would come undone.
that's when grandad joined in on the call ... so instead of praying for me then
and there, she promised she would later and spoke these words in response to
my current situation and fears ...

"you know erin, its like that old quote,

night is always darkest as just before dawn."

wow. so true. thanks g'mom.

then i read that familiar verse:
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

BUT, the verse before?

Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness
(my Bible says at the bottom "OR: and feed on faithfulness OR: and find safe pasture")

I am comforted today by the reminder that my duty today is not to figure out my future,
but simply to trust and delight in Him. Easier said than done, for sure.
I believe Lord, help my unbelief.

No comments: